In this third part of the migration of my old website, I add even more functionality, as well as clean up some of the code.
One of the largest issues I had with the code overall was that it was pretty noisy. I decided that I would split out the Golang standard logging with the go-logging library. This is a pretty straight forward logger, at work we use a custom logger that integrates into our systems and provided line numbers and package/file names, but I didn’t feel that the extent of that system was neccessary in this, and go-logging is pretty powerful out of the box. The absolute key being, I could change the log verbosity overall of the output, since while doing the import, every action was pushed to the stdout.